Parking in Vienna
The old city of Vienna and the surrounding districts (1 to 9* and 20) are pay & display short stay parking zones.
When you park here you need a valid parking permit behind your windscreen from the first minute of your stay.
The signs indicating the short stay parking zones are only posted where you enter these districts.
In shopping streets it is necessary to watch for signs indicating exceptions to days on which zones apply and maximum length of stay.
- If your hotel does not have parking facilities, please ask at the reception for an all-day parking permit.
- It is advisable to ask your hotel prior to your arrival where you can park your car.
- Ask for a free 10-minute parking permit to be given / sent to you for unloading your baggage.
Please fill it out and place it behind your windscreen before getting out.
- Parking permits are available from most tobacconists and banks, from railway stations and Vienna Lines ticket offices.
- Please ensure that you fill out each parking permit completely.
- A list of garages and park & ride facilities can be found on this page.
- If you use more than one parking permit, fill in the same date and time on each.
- The 10-minute parking permit cannot be used in combination with other permits.
Handicapped visitors can park for an unlimited period in short parking zones provided a disabled person pass is displayed behind the windscreen.