Enjoyment between tradition and modernity
The Salzkammergut: In its
valleys between mighty mountain peaks, around its crystal-clear lakes
and along side idyllic river courses it seems as if times goes by a bit
Here it's not the speed of life and hectic that counts, but quality of
life, nature and pleasure.
Bad Ischl lies in its
centre. A city that was once the Emperors summer residence and that has a
which Bad Ischl proudly displays in many different areas.
But it is also a city with its historical
growing open-mindedness. The
exciting contrast between old and new, between tradition and modernity is,
what makes this city an experience, that is hard to describe in words
and pictures. Still we will try.
It's a must to come here to
be able to feel the charm and friendliness of this small city.
We offer ...
- central, quiet location at the river Traun between the
Lehar-Villa & the confectionary Zauner
- 55 **** rooms
- Gourmet Restaurant
- Wellness area with sauna & steam bath
- range of cultural & sportive packages
- all rooms with shower/bath, toilet, hair dryer, radio, TV,
telephone with alarm clock, mini-bar,
channel, broadband internet access, safe
- Local papers available in the lobby
- Shoeshine machine
- Guest laundry
- Personal & professionell service
- Business Corner
- Own parking area, coach parking
- Ticket service
- Open 365 days/year
History of the hotel
The hotel has a long tradition,
the building dates back to the 17th century. In 1810 the name "Zum
was given to the then public house. In these days the
restaurant was known as “Traunlidl” after its owner Augustin von Lidl.
Although the couple had 12 children, none of them wanted to take over the
company, so his widow was forced to sell it.
In 1932 Benedikt Fröch bought
the Inn and in 1966 the youngest daughter, Christine Fröch, married Josef
Gruber and together they kept the restaurant. In the early 70ies the
couple raised the building by 3 floors and equipped all rooms with shower/bath
and toilet. Between 1968 and 1974 the 4 children Edwin, Sandra, Claudia
and Jasmin where born.
In 1987 Josef Gruber died
during a car accident aged only 46. Through the support of their children, Mrs. Gruber was able to keep the hotel.
In the winter 1991/92 the
meeting room was built and since then meetings for up to 30 people can be
In 1994 the Gruber family
decided to lease the restaurant and since 1999 Mr. Wilhelm Eberl has run
the restaurant which has rapidly become well known throughout the region
attracting connoisseurs from near and far and is now recognised as a
In 1999 the neighbouring house
was renovated and connected with the excisting hotel. Since then the hotel
also offers an enjoyalbe wellness area.
On the 1st of January 2000, the hotel was handed over to the son Edwin
Gruber who continues the family tradition into the third generation.
The latest reconstruction and
renovation of all rooms has continued with the recent (May 2006)
completion of a new spacious lobby, a new front desk as well as an
attractive bar and lounge area.