Welcome to Piringsdorf
In Austria´s only basket-making village you can experience the centuries-old tradition of
making baskets, as well as a friendly and informal atmosphere and untouched nature.
Weave with us!
Make your own personal necessary or decoration items, instructed by professionals.
- on a walk through the hilly surroundings - charming nature any time of year, with many beautiful
and romantic spots.
- on a cycle tour on our well-kept cycle tracks through the near surroundings, with many interesting
sights (bike rental in the village)
- on a short break in our pump room, where you can taste "Sulz", the popular drink of Piringsdorf.
- on one of the "bio"-farms, where the traditional snack tastes best in the open air.
- in the friendly inns and restaurants,where the traditional food is good and prices are reasonable.
- on the tennis court (we have three sand courts)
- and, finally, in the sauna, where you can strengthen body and mind.
Medical Mineral Springs
On 4 hectares of land belonging to the community, there are two mineral and medical springs.
Neither of the springs has ever been used economically - they serve as a source of mineral
water for the population.
The first mineral spring is an artesian well and produces 4 litres per second. The water comes
from a depth of 86m.
The second spring produces about 100.000 litres per day.
|Plätzgraben||TC Piringsdorf||3 tennis courts are available. Bookings:Karl Stifter
|Plätzgraben||TC Piringsdorf||sauna is available on Fridays and Saturdays. Bookings: 02616/8390
|Piringsdorf, Rabnitzstr. 86||municipality of Piringsdorf||basket making museum, tour approx.30 min.;bookings:local administrative offive,02616/8713
|Lambach||Dr. Paul Esterhazy´sche Forstverwaltung Dörfl||fishing, annual season ticket, bookings:Ing.Alexander Prenner, 02616/8712
|Piringsdorf surroundings|| ||cycle tracks with connection to Zöbertal and Stoberbachtal
|Piringsdorf||hiking and walking trails through untouched nature|